All items must be in good, sellable condition. The ReStore reserves the right to refuse any item that is unsafe, broken, unclean or clearly not useable.
If you have a question about a possible donation, please contact Catherine, ReStore Manager, at: (203) 774-7560 or email email@example.com. Attach a digital photo of the item(s) if possible.
TOOLS & GARDEN ITEMS
- Hand tools and working motorized tools
- Gardening items in working condition
- Must be less than 5 years old and in perfect working condition
- Washers/dryers (electric or gas)
- Microwave ovens
- Stoves (electric or gas)
- Other small appliances
CABINETS & COUNTER TOPS
We accept both kitchen and bathroom cabinets in sets or individual pieces. Must have no structural or water damage. All must be complete containing all doors and drawers.
- Doors must be in excellent condition, with no rotted wood, broken glass, or peeling paint.
- Pre-hung or slabs
- Exterior or interior
- Exterior sliding or patio doors (must be assembled and complete with all jambs, tracks, and hardware). Individual sliding or patio door slabs will not be accepted.
- Storm doors (must have all tracking)
- We do not accept doors over 84 inches tall
Windows must be complete units with all sashes and frames. No rotted wood, cracked, or foggy glass. Double pane windows only. With the exception of some very large windows, all donated windows should be dropped off with the sashes installed in the frames.
- Lighting must be complete, in working order and in excellent condition.
- Indoor lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- We do not accept ceiling fans
- Plumbing items must be in excellent condition with no chips, cracks, rust or water damage
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Complete faucets [must be brand new, in package]
- Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
- We do not accept used toilets
- We do not accept sofa beds, futons or over-sized items
- Wood furniture
- Office furniture
- Tables of all sizes
- Dining room sets
- Bedroom sets & beds
- Coffee tables
- Patio or outdoor furniture
- Bed frames
We do not accept BOX SPRINGS OR MATTRESSES.
- Stained and leaded glass windows, etc.
- Carpet remnants must be 10ft x 10ft or larger, and in excellent condition with no visible wear, tear, stains or animal smells.
- Area rugs must be free from visible wear, tear, stains or animal smells.
- Carpet padding must be 10 ft x 10 ft or larger with no visible stains or animal smells.
- Hardwood flooring must have no splitting or cracking, must be at least 30 sq. ft.
- Vinyl and ceramic tile must be at least 50 sq ft., in excellent condition, no chipped or broken pieces accepted.
- Complete sets of door hardware, hinges, etc. Any quantity of nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc. Please put similar items in baggies or clear plastic containers and label them.
- All lumber must be free of ALL nails and screws
- All lumber must be a minimum of 5 feet in length, with no warping.
- Sheet goods (particle board, paneling, plywood) must be at least half sheets with no damage
- Trim and molding must be a minimum of 5 feet in length.
- Residential electric items only
- We do not accept commercial electrical stock
- Free standing wood stoves
- Window AC units
- Hand and power tools (in good working condition)
- Pallets of brick or glass block
- Stone pavers
We do not accept the following items
- Baby furniture or baby-related items
- Board games
- Box springs and mattresses
- Canned and track lights
- Ceiling fans
- Chemical solvents and strippers
- Computers or monitors
- Drapes or curtains
- Faucets (used)
- Fluorescent lights
- Hot water heaters (used)
- Linens (bed or table)
- Over-sized items (e.g. wall units, armoires, entertainment centers)
- Partial rolls of wallpaper
- Single-pane glass & single-pane window glass
- Sporting goods (e.g. NordicTracks, exercise bicycles, etc.)
- Used mini-blinds
- VHS players